AWARDS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
Welcome to the Fleet Air Arm Archive Awards and Recommendations page - the place where you can find latest Awards and Recommendations about the Fleet Air Arm Archive. TheFleet Air Arm Archive is getting noticed !
Netscape Open Directory Cool Site (11 Oct 2001) :
This is to inform you that the website fleetairarmarchive.net has been designated a Cool Site in the Netscape Open Directory. We have just awarded your site the cool award. This Site well and truly deserves this award. Its obvious a lot of time and effort went into producing this site. The quality of content is outstanding. This puts your site at the top of the category.
MILITARY WORLD CERTIFIED SITE (20-Sep-2001)
Military World is pleased to announce your site has been reviewed and you have won our Certified Site Award. The sites are judged on content, functionality, graphics and usefulness to the general public. We spend a lot of time reviewing sites and not all make the grade. You have done a great job, keep up the good work! Thank You, Military World
Axfor's Abode: "Your site has been selected as one of the best naval sites on the Web. The editor of "Axford's Abode" recognises your website as a valued resource for the naval community. You are to be congratulated for your efforts. In appreciation, I would like to present you with the Naval Heritage Site Award". (22 September 2001)
Fleet Air Arm Archive Golden Web Award Winner 2001-2002 (17 August 2001)
In recognition of creativity, integrity and excellence on the Web.
FAA Archive "Gold Pass" list - New Zealand Fighter Pilots Museum, 2001(2001)
LATEST LINKS TO THE FLEET AIR ARM ARCHIVE FROM AROUND THE WORLD
Since the official launch in April 2001 we have had links and quotes about the contents of the Fleet Air Arm Archive in websites around the World such as:
- Fleet Air Arm Naval Aviation Bookshop (UK, December 2001)
- Royal Navy Website Armed Forces Links: Friends of the Fleet Air Arm (December 2001)
- Friends of the Fleet Air Arm: The Friends of the Fleet Air Arm Ring is dedicated to maintain the bond of Royal Navy and Commonwealth naval aviation and its heritage of aircraft, air squadrons, ships, men and women (UK, December 2001).
- Royal Navy MOD Website Fleet Air Arm Links (UK, 2001)
- Fleet Air Arm Armourers Association Linked Sites (UK, 2001)
- Gavin's Home Page - An unofficial history of 879 Sqn Fleet Air Arm (UK, 2001)
- German Historic Flight links (2001)
- Dinger's Page - Blackburn Skua (UK, 2001)
- HMS Ganges Site Ring (UK, September, 2001)
- Royal Museum of the Army and Military History (Belgium, 18 September, 2001)
- Thameside Aviation Museum links. (UK, 17 September 2001)
- "What a great website, infomation and research into this historical air arm of the British Navy"
- P.O.W. Network: dedicated to information distribution on our Prisoners of War and Missing in Action Servicemen. (USA, 16 September, 2001)
- The Science Museum. Other sites of interest (UK, September, 2001)
- Veterans Affairs Canada - Links to other websites (Canada, September, 2001)
- Autres sites intéressants - Anciens Combattants Canada (Canada, 2001)
- Koninklijke Nederlandse Vereniging Onze Luchtmacht: Links (Netherlands, September, 2001)
- Avialantic - Mid Atlantic Aviation on the Web (USA, September, 2001)
- "Everything you want to know about the Royal Naval Air from 1939-1945"
- Spitfire and Hurricane Memorial RAF Manston (UK, September, 2001)
- Stalag 13 Aviation Links (September, 2001)
- MAPS Air Museum (USA, September, 2001)
- Tangmere Military Aviation Museum (UK, September, 2001)
- Jean Batten : New Zealand Pioneer Aviatrix. Hargrave Biography: saluting 150 years of Australian Aviation History. (Australia, September, 2001)
- Australian Jet Adventures. Links we love. (Australia, September, 2001)
- Norfolk and Suffolk Aviation Museum. Places to visit. (UK, September, 2001)
- Aviation in Hampshire, 1900-2000. Links (UK, September, 2001)
- Atlantic Canada Aviation Museum (Canada, September, 2001)
- The South Africa National Museum of Military History. Links and Publications (South Africa, September, 2001)
- Super Catalina Restoration links. (UK, September 2001)
- Commonwealth Air Training Plan Museum links (Canada, September, 2001)
- Battleship USS Texas BB35 - recommended links (USA, September, 2001)
- Fleet Air Arm Archive - "Aircraft, squadrons and ships of the Royal Navy, Canada and Commonwealth"
- Swordfish Heritage Trust links (UK, September, 2001)
- Southern Californian Airshow links page (USA, 07 Sept 2001)
- "Fleet Air Arm Archive Preserved Aircraft Page - lists warbird survivors"
- British Aviation Site Central page. Buzzez.com. (UK, September, 2001)
- Western Museum of Flight's Aviation Links (USA, August, 2001)
- AvWeb. The Internet's Aviation Magazine and News Service (USA, August, 2001)
- Imperial War Museum Duxford - aviation links (UK, August 2001)
- National Museum of Naval Aviation - Related sites (USA, August, 2001)
- Royal Naval Patrol Service Association - Lowestoft - Useful Links and Addresses (UK, August, 2001)
- Bletchley Park Association. (UK, August, 2001)
- Museum of Flight. (SCOTLAND, August, 2001)
- RAAFA Aviation Heritage Museum - The Bullcreek Collection (AUSTRALIA, August, 2001)
- Nanton Lancaster Society and Air Museum - links (CANADA, August 2001)
- Bentwingbird.com: Vought, Goodyear & Brewster corsairs - Links (USA, August 2001)
- Patuxent River Naval Air Museum - (USA, August, 2001)
- HMCS ALGONQUIN (I) - related sites. (CANADA, August, 2001)
- Warbirds of India - warbird links (INDIA, August, 2001)
- "Graham Drucker's Comprehensive Fleet Air Arm Archive has several sections devoted to India including this page for Indian FAA Involvement"
- Warbird.at - warbirds (AUSTRIA, August, 2001)
- Australian Naval Aviation Museum/Museum of Flight (ANAM) (AUSTRALIA, August, 2001)
- USS Saratoga Museum - Web Sites of Interest to Veterans and Friends. (USA, August 2001)
- Websites for Genealogists - An Australian Gateway Site for Tracing your Family History. Naval Resources (AUSTRALIA, 2001).
- "Fleet Air Arm Archive. This site is designed to preserve Commonwealth naval aviation heritage. Includes an Australian Naval Aviation & Fleet Air Arm Air Crew Memorial Roll of Honour" (Ref: Web Sites for Genealogists 2001 edition).
- Cyndi's list of Genealogy sites on the Internet - What's New. (UK, July 2001)
- Fleet Air Arm Archive Roll of Honour - Comprehensive naval aviation website invaluable to genealogists, with extensive Roll of Honour lists for the Second World War of Fleet Air Arm personnel of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth countries of Australia, Canada, New Zealand and South Africa".
- UNESCO Archives Portal (FRANCE, 23 July 2001)
- The Battle of Britain - 1940 / Weblinks to Related Websites (UK, August 2001)
- Canadian Air Aces - The Hawker Biplane Series, Audax, Fury, and Hart (CANADA, 2001)
- Royal Navy Lascaris (Malta) Association Links. May 2001
- Coastal Command and Maritime Air Association - Links Page (UK, May, 2001)
- NNM PORT - Maritime Information Gateway-Military affairs and naval forces(UK, May 2001)
- History Television: History Archive -listing (CANADA, May 2001)
- Airborne Electronic Sensor Operators- AESOP hotlinks (CANADA, 3 May 2001)
- Shearwater Aviation Museum of Canadian Maritime Military Aviation - SAM Online - Other Great Places To 'Surf' (CANADA, May 2001)
- Naval Museum of Manitoba - Canadian Naval History. Canadian Naval Aviation links (CANADA, May, 2001)
- Royal Air Force Museum - links (UK, May, 2001)
- "Fleet Air Arm Archive 1939-1945" - The most complete internet Directory in the world of all the Aircraft Carriers, Ships and Squadrons used by the Fleet Air Arm in WWII".
- New Zealand Fighter Pilots Museum (NEW ZEALAND, 2001)
- 'AirNet' Web Site. Aviation Links: UK Military History (UK, 2001)
- Landings: Military Aviation Links. (USA, May 2001)
- "Fleet Air Arm Archive - Portway to British and Commonwealth Naval Aviation 1939-1945 about aircraft, naval air squadrons and ships".
- HMS Unicorn Association (UK, 2001)
- HMS Vengeance website links (UK, May 2001)
- H.M.S. Indefatigable Fleet Aircraft carrier 1939-1957.Memories. (UK May, 2001)
- HMS Glory Association website - links (UK, 2001)
- H.M.S. Slinger Association website - (UK, 3 May 2001)
- Aircraft Scale Modeling - Links and News pages (UK, 7 May 2001)
- Fleet Air Arm Special Interest Group - dedicated to the modelling and study of the aircraft and history of the Royal Navy's Fleet Air Arm (USA - May, 2001).
- "May 2 - I don't usually make a note here when I add a link but today I'm making an exception. The Fleet Air Arm Archive is a massive project documenting the history of British and Commonwealth naval aviation between 1939 and 1945. It covers carriers, aircraft, operations, and both air and ground crews. It also provides a useful overview of primary sources and links to many such sites. Despite its size, it is still a work in progress. It deserves both visits and our support"
Created: 17-5-2001; Last Modified: 5-03-2002
Return to Home Page
This page is published by Fleet Air Arm Archive and
is updated regularly.
© 2000-2001 All rights reserved for all information created for or on behalf of the Fleet Air Arm Archive
Contact details: email@example.com